“International Day of Women and Girls in Science” is celebrated on 11 February. Here are women scientists who have won the Chemistry Nobel Prize.
- Marie Skłodowska Curie: The discovery of the elements radium and polonium
- Irène Joliot Curie: Synthesis of new radioactive elements
- Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin: Determinations by X-ray techniques of the structures of important biochemical substances
- Ada E. Yonath: Studies of the structure and function of the ribosome
- Frances Arnold: Directed evolution of enzymes
Besides, there have been hundreds of other women scientists who have made great impacts in various fields of science. We cordially appreciate all of the women, whose achievements have made significant progress in science and technology, as well as inspiring young girls to engage in science.